System Restore is used to create a system backup that you can restore from in case of issues. It is part of System Protection in Windows 11. Restore point for System Restore can be automatically and manually created.
System Restore offers some protection against system failure but can take up extra disk space. Depending on your need, you can enable or disable System Restore on your system.
Steps to enable and disable System Restore in Windows 11:
- Launch the Settings app.
- Go to System from the sidebar menu.
- Scroll down and click on About.
- Click on the System protection link.
- Click on the Configure button.
- Select to enable or disable System Protection from the radio button.
- Click Ok to apply the change and exit.
Click on Yes to confirm your selection if you chose to disable system protection.
Comment anonymously. Login not required.