ISO image is typically used to store operating system installers and needs to be burned to writable optical media such as CDR, CDRW, DVDR, DVDRW, BD-R, and BD-RW before it can be used.
Windows comes with Windows Disc Image Burner tool that can burn ISO images to optical discs without the need for commercial, third-party software. The tool is accessible from File Explorer, making it handy to use.
Steps to burn ISO image to optical disc in Windows 11:
- Insert writable CD / DVD / Blue Ray disc in optical drive slot.
- Launch File Explorer.
- Locate ISO image file.
- Right-click on ISO image file.
- Click on Show more options from the menu.
- Click on Burn disc image to open Windows Disc Image Burner.
- Select drive letter from Disc burner if you have multiple optical drives and click on Burn.
- Wait for ISO image to finish burning to disc.
Comment anonymously. Login not required.