KDE allows you to change the screen's color temperature with the Night Color option. This is equivalent to Night Shift in iOS, iPadOS, and macOS or Night Mode in Android. It is used to reduce eyestrain by using a warmer color temperature to filter blue light.
Night Color can be configured from System Settings. You have both the color temperature and time as options.
Steps to configure Night Color in KDE:
- Open System Settings from the application launcher.
- Click on Display and Monitor on the sidebar menu.
- Go to Night Color configuration panel.
- Click on Activate Night Color checkbox to enable Night Color.
- Slide to set the color temperature.
- Click on the Activation Time select list.
- Select or set the time period to enable Night Color.
- Click on the Apply button to activate and save the configuration.
Comment anonymously. Login not required.